Saturday, September 5, 2009

oh the fateful first week

First day
First day of school and I feel like I was teleported right back into that hot stuffy room sixth period staring in the evil red-glowing eyes of mr. sommers. Yes... precalc, how it scarred me, and yet how well I remember it… too well. I actually remember the lo-dhi hi-dlo draw the line square the low dance (it's actually quite useful… sadly...) but that didn't last very long, since soon enough after I was catapulted into another hot stuffy room, this time staring at mrs. Boob's giant behind (it was rather disproportional to her otherwise small frame). Limits as far as the eye can see (yes, that was just a really bad math joke.) and so, there was me fighting to stay awake, because math does that to me and because I didn't actually get any sleep (woke up about 6 times last night). What a great start to the new school year… on a side note: Classes ended at 8pm, not a nice thought, is it?


Second day
And the torture continues. It's actually not that bad, lectures are moderately interesting, and I've already gathered myself 2,5 happy little tag-alongs. Both of whom happen to be make and from Moscow (most are from somewhere-over-yonder), and they both go by the name of Anton, which I find quite hilarious. As for the half (he's a bit halfhearted about the whole tagging along, and is growing some very unsightly dozen long curly hairs on his chin. I always have to restrain myself from going at them with pair of tweezers… I grrrrr at disgusting adolescent facial hair.) he's otherwise a very nice boy, and I say boy, because despite being taller then me, he is a boy.
I'm also getting the feeling that I'm not going to have many female friends here, and that's not just because there aren't that many girls around. No. There are plenty enough, but they are either not very social, or obsessed with their appearance such that they cannot pass by a mirror without staring at themselves for a minute. There is also a girl in my group(Nina), who seems to be not only extremely timid, but someone who is afraid to stand out in any way. She completely replicates what Жэнья(Zhenia) (flashy girl) does, even if it's something as simple as cleaning her shoes. Жэнья wipes her smooth leather heels, and Nina, upon noticing that the tips of her fuzzy leather shoes aren't as clean as everyone else's (as if it matters) also asks for a wet wipe to clean them. Seriously. I'd even go so far as to cal that rather… pathetic almost, if not for the fact that she seems like a very nice girl.

third & fourth day
I got lazy so I didn't write anything...

today
On a whim (well, it was more of a "omfg can I kill all these damn people now? I want to be alooooone!!" but yeah, i'm sure you are aware that i'm not much of a people-person. I need my alone time to be evil, converse with my minion, Lucifer, and play with the little black things that haunt your dreams and make bad things happen.) I decided to ditch the parade that the first years are supposed to go to in Moscow in favor of getting some quality sleeping time in a good bed. Which turned out rather great I have more food, a good pillow, more paper a fancy pen, EPIC GLASSES and other things more than I initially had. And I also found my Swiss army knife aka bottle opener in my backpack, which is awesome. I also have awesome salad so I won't have to bother with preparing any meals for a while. Tee hee. But yeah, my internet situation still hasn't improved. I still don’t have it there, which explains the week+ long absence. But I'll be working on that one whilst there.
My teachers are for the most part absolutely fantastic (the exceptions are chem seminar, info seminar, mathematical analysis lector, and analytic geometry lector) them I don't like very much, but they'll serve their purpose hopefully. My math seminar guy is absolutely awesome on the other hand. He's extremely smart, and even has a SOUL!!! OMG!
But yeah, I'll write more about the various awesomenesses when I don't have an electric train to catch.

Bye byes! <3
-kati

side note: I've been going to bed before 11pm O.o

1 comment:

  1. So mean to Mrs. Boob! lol.... XD

    I'm glad you already have several admirers, though I hope you find some nice friends who are girls who also happen to be like you, and not like...Nina...who seems a bit absurd. 0.o

    Your list of teachers you dislike covers quite a few.... Are there any teachers besides math seminar that you DO like?

    Miss you!
    -Lydia (just in case you don't know who I am, since I just realized that my comments have nothing about my name in them)
    <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete