Sunday, May 29, 2011

from the frying pan into the fire

Ever had a day that started out bad, and then just kept getting worse and worse? I recently had one of those.

It started innocently enough with an altercation with a friend. one of the rather unpleasant kind. Then continued with a near-sleepless night. studying until 5 am, hoping that some of the information might stick in my brain come dawn, since, you guessed it I had an exam the following morning. Theoretical Mechanics. a nice subject really, but somewhat difficult as well. During the exam itself, I ended up getting a rather unpleasant theoretical question, but that wasn't half the problem. after about 2 hours of just sitting and waiting to be called, I was getting a bit jumpy. In the end the exam went horribly. I felt like a complete idiot because very little information decided to stay behind after my short sleep. But that was not all. after getting my measly 4/10 (which is a 3/5) I wanted at least a 5/10, which is already a 4/5. And the sad part is that this one goes into the diploma, so I'm really not happy about that. Feeling stupid is the worst feeling in the world.

anyways, when I got back to the dorm, I realized that i must have forgotten my key. It then turned out that I was wrong I hadn't forgotten it. I've lost it, and my favorite key chain that was attached to it.

but that's not all. I went to my friend, Катя's birthday party in the woods. there were lots of people I knew very little there, and a few that I don't particularly like, so I took my sweet time looking for firewood. I did find quite a lot of wood, and a splendid piece of tree trunk. it was very dry and therefore light, so I decided to bring that. Light however, is always a relative term, and it was sufficiently heavy to make progress difficult, and it completely obscure the path in front of me. But no worries, I mean what could happen to a girl in the middle of the woods carrying a tree tunk. Well I sprained my ankle, and as it turned out that evening, pretty badly. So having mutilated myself a little I decided to leave the stump for now, and come back for it later. And on the way back to the campsite, naturally I skewer my hand on a 1.5 inch thorn. Yay me! At the ind of the party, the only alcohol I had consumed was the little bit i dumped on my hand to disinfect the little stab wound that was starting to swell my hand, and I was two injuries richer.

so yeah. not fun.

But, hey, let's look on the bright side. I passed my russian history exam with an 8/10 by some miracle, and I bought coconut scented shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel.

No comments:

Post a Comment