Friday, October 4, 2013

my (lack of) living situation

So... honestly, I don't remember the last time I wrote. neither the time, nor the content, so I'm just going to ramble about how everything sucks. Or rather how the dorm people here suck. So this is what has been happening. I'll keep it short. And I'll just apologize beforehand for this post, as it's a full-grown rant with curse words and much anger.
Starting September, naive little me thought that I might start to find out what is going on with the dorms, and start worrying about getting myself a bed. So I went to the Komendant (the lady in charge of the dorm) and asked. She said return in a week. I returned in a week, but they said that since i'm 5th year and from Moscow, I should wait till next week, so the first years who haven't gotten their space yet can get theirs, because they're more important. Well, ok. So I return September 22nd, and I already have a problem. Friday at 8pm I have a class lasting till 9:15pm, and going to Moscow after that means I'll be in the streets of Moscow at 11pm, which is rather unpleasant and dangerous. Well, somehow, I managed, and found myself a place to bunk for the day. With high hopes, I return next week. And guess what. I'm sent packing again. My hopes are dashed. My nerves are slowly wearing thin. Luckily, Denis manages to get me a place for the weekend.
Once again, I return the following week, now having gotten promises that I'll finally get a room. A half-success happens. I get a key and a temporary pass into the building. All seems well, but this is given, only with the words that, should a first year come, and have need of a place, then I'll be kicked out. Well fuck that. But considering it's already 3 weeks into the school year, I have doubts. They tell me to wait until October. So, today, I go to the Komendant, ready with all the documents and all that. In the morning, of course, the electricity fails, just before I have class, so aside from the fact that I wasn't going to be able to pay for the dorm, and thus be officially moved in, I get a telling off. Apparently, Denis used a few untactful words yesterday when asking for a temporary pass, and now, aside from the Komendant keeping a watchful eye on any illegal activity (like Denis staying the night at my dorm, which is usually completely ignored by everyone) and expulsion from the dorms if it should happen. I was even threatened with not being given a place in the dorm at all. 
Fuck you all.
Really.
Fortunately, somehow, she consented to give me a room in the end, if I came back when there was light. I did, She was out. I had to skip two lessons because I was waiting for her (and only waiting, not even talking). And on a side note this is by far not the first time I had to do this. I've only been once at these two lectures, because of this GIANT clusterfuck of a situation. And guess what the result of that was? that's right. Come back next fucking week. Because the other dorm dude has not yet put my name into the system (and he's had a fucking month for that.) 
Screw them all thrice over in then ear!
On top of that, Denis is generic angry so he's decided to stay in bed and read all day (although the idiot also has lessons that he has to be at.) and because of that I haven't seen him all day so I can finally be properly angry at him. No! He, of course, decided to avoid it, and talk tomorrow. When I'll be tired, and the anger will be smoldering out. And I have a shitload of lessons to be at all day, and my neighbors will be home, as they don't. So this great meeting will happen somewhere around 8pm best case, and I don't see how anything good can come of anything this fucking week.
(as you can tell, I'm quite pissed. very very pissed.) 
Needless to say this month has been horribly stressful, and because of the imminent threat of hobo-life I've been having slight breakdowns about once a week. And the fact that on Thursday I'll have to talk to a lot of old academic people at my dad's defence is not helping, that and compounded with him being on his last nerves as well.
help?
Well, that's all I really have to say for now. I'll try to write something more normal soon...



1 comment:

  1. http://nu4o.ru/images/stories/kartinki/230512/ne-grusti-chelovek.jpg
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete