Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Magic Pot

Yeah. Magic Pot. I have it.

And I'm not talking about - that... I mean, I litteraly have a magical pot; a tea pot, to be precise. (What else could it be?) It is a small tea pot, made for 2 cups of tea, and it makes the tea magical. this is how we found out it's magical properties: we bough tea and it was AWESOME! It was just your generic blend of black teas flavored with some bergamot, but it tastes extremely yummy, and even a little bit like there's lemon in it. it's an epic cup of tea <3.>The Question: What could affect the brewage of tea?

Theory #1: Peak Temperature
the peak temperature could be different. The glass tea pot hold a higher temp, so it could denature some of the awesomeness of the tea. Plausible, but since tea doesn't have proteins in it idk what could denature...
Theory #2: Cooling Rates
The kettles let the tea cool at different rates, so weird stuff happens inside. Weird stuff is... weird...
Theory #3: Surface Area
We filled the little kettle up to the very top, but filled the large one only 1/3, so the large one gives the tea a much larger surface area to interact with the air. Weird stuff could happen that is both temperature and chamistry related.
Theory #4: Magic
The small kettle is simply magical, so it makes awesome tea infused with awesomeness, so that you can never get enough of the stuff.

I personally think it's Magic.

(and yes I'm a tea-snob/ tea-crazy/tea-fanatic/etc.)

Tea is nom-land. And I like being in nom-land :D

4 comments:

  1. I know that different teas require different brewing temperatures. For instance, Darjeeling should be brewed at slightly lower than boiling temperature for best flavor. So, if anything, I would think the temperature is affecting your results. -Swarna

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, swarna my fellow tea snob <3

    ReplyDelete