Thursday, August 6, 2009

faking it

So, my dad is making me read oh-so-interesting school-level physics and chemistry text books... in russian. This is happening because in the first actual(as in fiction) book he gave me I had to look up about 20 words per page, and the second one was rather dull and boring. This led him to decide: ok, since you don't like the (ancient books that I loved as a kid) I'm giving you, you can just read this textbook.
On the up-side: The language is rather simple, and I hardly have to look anything up.
On the down-side:
1. I already know all that shit, so it's insufferably boring.
2. It's in Russian, so I have no motivation to read it.
3. It's summer, and I'm reading a textbook.
4. My bed sucks. (This seems to have no relation to my unwillingness to read, but that's wrong, since my so-called bed (It's not really a bed) is the only place I can sit or put things (since I have no table) in my room other than the disgusting floor. Also I makes my back hurt, so I'm agitated... grml...)
That, coupled with the fact that I haven't done anything even mildly interesting since I came here. (Other than occasionally skyping w/ peoples whihc is awesome, and you should do any time you possibly can.)
So, what ends up happeing is: I open up the pic of the russian alpabet I have, since I don't know it, and I need it to look stuff up; do stuff on the interwebs; and flip pages in the book at random.
Basically, I'm quite annoyed at the general situation right now... And especially annoyed at that lazy-ass woman who won't move out of my room. Curse her... rawr...
------~~~------
Oh, yeah My dad's birthday is tomorrow... what to do?.. I have no idea... It'll prolly just end with me saying "happy birthday!" and giving him a hug or something. Harh annoyance is... annoying...

*goes of grumbling into a corner*

No comments:

Post a Comment