Monday, August 24, 2009

shitty relatives

I know I've complained about them before, but now I think I actually have the nerves to explain why they irritate me so much. It begins about 15-ish ears ago. We moved away from Moscow to Germany, and my grandma stayed in our apartment (that we finally completely owned after it had been a комуналка-which is an apartment where each family gets a room and kitchen and bathroom are shared.) My grandma, also liked to go to our summerhouse in the summer, but that left the apartment unoccupied for half a year, which is really not ideal, in a city that was brimming with criminals (the 90s were really bad, its loads better now). So, my grandma, being as brilliant as she is, talked to one of our relatives (who had 2 daughters and lived in a tiny village with 2 roads and no pavement) and they agreed that the older daughter would live with my grandma while me and my parents are gone: For free. They also helped put up wall paper and looked after the apartment whilst my grandma was gone, they also helped her get to our summer house (it's over a day's journey though it's only 250km away, plus my grandma got really fat (I bet she weighs 3 times as much as I do) so that was complicated even more.)
Well, everything was just peachy. The one daughter moved out and the other one (masha, yes with a lowercase letter) moved in, and no one paid anything and everyone was happy.

Now:
My dad and I fly over here, and our dearest masha is on vacation, at the sea, and has her own car. The apartment is absolutely filthy, and the bed that my grandma lovingly prepared for me reeked of piss (if it was the cat’s or my grandma’s I don’t know. I personally don’t think it was the cat), the floor everywhere was sticky, the stove covered with a layer of fat and not a single clean plate, or utensil in sight, the fridge is rusty, the microwave busted by masha, the wallpaper from 15 years ago still hanging and yellowing, the carpets are older than me and have irremovable layers of some black-matter pressed into them, and blankets of dust cover everything you touch… the list goes on. Basically for the 15 years that the two sisters have lived here FOR FREE, they haven’t done ANYTHING!
Well ok, nothing we can do about that at the moment, and she’s supposed to leave on the 3rd (which was a Monday), so we just looked around for furniture and decided to just wait until she left. Then it was Sunday, and as so often she didn’t show her face, and didn’t say a word to us about anything. Great. The days pass, and by the 7th my dad and I are seriously frustrated, and ask her about her plans. She says she’ll know mote tomorrow. Tomorrow comes, and she doesn’t approach us about moving out. We ask, she says her friend with a large car should be in town in the weekend. Weekend passes nothing happens. My dad calls my grandma at her summerhouse, and asks whether she knows anything, and tells her we need masha to get out. My grandma’s answer “But it’s hard for her to move the furniture.” FUCK IF I CARE! That woman has been living in OUR house for FREE for how many years? And she hasn’t even lifted a finger to keep the apartment in a decent condition! On the 11th she finally got her furniture out, and we spent the WHOLE NEXT DAY cleaning up after that disgusting excuse for a human being. After living here that hag didn’t even bother to clean up the room she was using. Vermin.
But the story gets better!
This occurred a few days after my mom finally arrived here. masha stopped by to clear up some stuff about bills and get some medicine to my grandma (as she’s gone sick with “worry about her dear granddaughter”) well she’d get the medicine over in about a week, the lazy-bitch, because she doesn’t have time to cater to the heath issues of her benefactors of the past one and a half decades. Then my mom finally confronted her about the revolting condition the house is in, and her answer: “But I did clean the floors, and I cleaned the plates.” Maybe to her Village-standards it was clean, but no human being with a grasp of the basic concept that if something is sticky, it CANNOT BY DEFINITION be clean. The witch even went as far as to blame US for making the floors dirty because at that moment in time my mom and I had street shoes on because we just got home to talk to HER. She’s by far the rudest and most uncivilized creature I have ever had the misfortune to come upon, and she’s related to me, that sickening malformation by the name of masha.

Essentially we pulled her and her sister out of that hole of a town in which they’d have been stuck for the rest of their lives, and this is the thanks we get. The word ‘parasites’ doesn’t even begin to describe their rude and atrocious behavior. If you have relatives like these, who needs enemies?

4 comments:

  1. Ugh...that sounds awful. =(
    I hate when relatives end up awful. I'm so sorry this had to happen to you. At least now she's (hopefully mostly) out of your life, and life will pay her back for what she put you through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I comment...

    ReplyDelete
  3. People like that never make it anywhere in life. If she doesn't help anyone but herself, she'll wind up alone in the end. Hopefully, you won't need to do a single thing for her in the future... she stopped deserving your help long ago...

    ReplyDelete