Tuesday, August 18, 2009

OMG FURNITURE!

I believe I've never appreciated having a table more than in the past two days. Seriously. A flat hard surface is one of the most useful things a person can have. You can write on it, you can use a mouse on it, you can put your computer on it, and just use it for many other useful storage type purposes. But it gets even better if you have a somewhat lower, soft, mostly flat surface to go with it (I'm talking about a chair here). If you have those two things, you're golden. Up till now my only solution to my lack of table problem was putting my computer on my lap, and feeling the endless heat it generates slowly burn my skin. Alternatly I had the choice of putting my laptop on my pillow to watch it melt because the ventllation cant work properly and contort my spine and/or hips to actually use it. Ah yes... those were the days...

BUT I HAVE A TABLE NOW!

muahahahahahahahahahahaha

the cause for this happy happy change of circumstances is that we found an awesome closet. and it was finally in-stock. Apparentl, my closet is really popular. when we called, they still had six left. when we actually got to the store, there were only 5, when we got to the shelfy area where you grab your furniture-in-a-box, there were only 3 left, and just as we were getting our closet, the next people already came, to get the next one. So the odds of any awesome closets left 2 hours later when we got home: one in a thousand at best.

but yeah my point is: I HAVE FURNITURE! Overall I am now in the posession of 6! new items: A couch bed, a closet, a table, a chair, a coffeetable, and a bookshelf (the world famous Billy regal/shelf/thing). And the best thing is: having a closet, means i can finally start unpacking the boxes with stuff we air-cargoed over here for an insane ammount of money, I was so eager that I unpacked 4 of the boxes yesterday and my wardrobe choice exploded. I have clothes again!

So yeah, happy things, happy things :D lets hope everything else will tunr out just as happy

2 comments:

  1. Haha, suddenly everything in life seems more valuable when certain things are taken away XD

    Isn't it an interesting feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! It's nice to know that you have new furniture, better than that not-so-comfy bed-type-thingy you mentioned earlier...ick....

    By the way, your mom passed down a bunch of your old clothes to me as hand-me-downs. I just want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH, your old clothes fit me better and look better on me than anything I've ever actually picked out for myself. In other words, you have an incredible sense of style.

    Also, I miss you. =(

    ReplyDelete