Tuesday, August 4, 2009

POLICE!!!

Yes. Police, there's lots of it in many places. One of the places there is lots of it is Moscow. And I'm really not joking. It's a very common sight, and not only downtown. It's basically so common that you take you passport everywhere with you just in case a police man randomly decides to stop you to check who you are (happens to some on a weekly basis, but hasn't happened to me yet, I guess I'm not a very suspicious person...) but yeah.
My dad and I were furniture shopping again the other day, and finally after a long day, filled with walking to the point that he was limping around, we went to the Metro to go back home. Just as we were descending the steps, the train arived, so we ran and entered the last waggon. Once inside, I had to blink a few times: There were over 16 poliecemen in there, granted, about 7 or 8 of them were sleeping (which is what EVERYONE sitting (or occasionally standing) does in the Metro. For whatever reason, although it's deafiningly loud, it's impossible to stay awake once seated.) But yeah. It was exceedingly bizzare to have that many policemen in one place without some sort of riot happening, or a load of southerners plotting something in a shady corner.
On a side note, I might add, that I really like the russian poliece uniform. Light Blue shirts, dark blue trousers, shiny black shoes, and EPIC HAT! Also a large part of the poliece force (at least about 70% of the poliecemen I've seen) seems to consist of tall slim, russian (meaning not southerners or other oddities) guys between the ages of 18 and 25. (Why does this remind me of castle anthrax? geez...). I'll take a picture of their EPIC HATS someday. (I can hardly just randomly photograph them, since they have beating sticks... and are kinda stronger and faster than me...)
But yeah. I like the local police. ^^

1 comment:

  1. i told you there were semi cute guys somewhere!! take some stalker pics of your own. just try not to get arrested.... and i def want to see their epic hats!!

    ReplyDelete